Finding the best candidates for positions in your organization is only part of building an effective team. The process of on-boarding new employees can be one of the most critical factors in ensuring recently hired talent will be productive, engaged, and contented workers.
On-boarding is often confused with orientation. While orientation might be necessary, i.e. paperwork and other routine tasks must be completed, on-boarding is a comprehensive process involving management and other employees that can last up to 12 months.
During this workshop we train and work on some key questions to obtain team and upper management buy-in, including:
- What will on-boarding include?
- When will on-boarding start?
- How long will it last?
- What is the objective?
- What impression do you want new hires to walk away with at the end of the first day?
- What do new employees need to know about the culture and work environment?
- What role will HR play in the process?
- What about direct managers?
- What kind of goals do you want to set for new employees?
- How will you gather feedback on the program and measure its success?
Once these questions have been answered, management can devise a plan of action to help new employees quickly assimilate company policies and workflow.
This Course will focus primarily on the following areas:
- Understand how on-boarding can take the organization to the next level
- How to create process documents for them to reference; create process documentation so you can walk them through it
- What to include in you on-boarding checklist – the first day and week
- Why an Organizational Chart is necessary and ideas on creating or updating yours
- What an outline / schedule of safety training should look like
- How to create a personal on-boarding plan for each new employee
- Ideas on how to do and manage the announcements to set the new employee up for success
- What needs to be included with creating a training schedule to effectively do their job
- What is required for the new employee to be ready, eager, and able to do real work on day one
- How to help effectively manage first impressions both ways
- Why you need to create conditions for new employees to work well early on
- Ways to give your new employees the resources and support they need to deliver better results faster
This workshop will give attendees a better handle on building an on-boarding process for new employees. We will discuss how the time spent creating a tailored on-boarding process up front sets your employees up for success and helps ensure they can help bolster your bottom line faster.
Long-term outcomes of on-boarding affect a firm’s bottom line. When surveyed, organizations perceive effective on-boarding as improving retention rates, time to productivity, and overall customer satisfaction increased by 50% or more.
New employee on-boarding shows that when it’s done correctly it leads to:
- Higher job satisfaction
- Organizational commitment
- Lower staff turnover
- Higher performance levels
- Career effectiveness
- Lowered stress
Prerequisite Training required: None required
Training Time: This is a two-day course; 14.0 hours
Note: Retail per attendee $9,900 which also includes course material and instructor travel.
About your Instructor:
Art Johnson CR, WLS, CLS, started in the Restoration industry in1988. He went from a 2-person company doing carpet and upholstery cleaning to assisting in the growth of one of western Canada’s largest, independently owned, full service restoration companys. Basically he went from a one-man tech to Senior Operations Manager and Trainer.
Art is a Certified Restorer (CR), a Water Loss Specialist (WLS), a Contents Loss Specialist (CLS), an IICRC Master Restorer and Cleaner, and a Certified Value Builder. Art has proudly served on, and for a time, chaired the Water Loss Institute, co-chaired the Restoration Council, along with serving as the Environmental Chair for the RIA.
He is the proud recipient of the RIA 2011 Industry recognized, Martin L. King award for outstanding service to the industry.
Art has extensive training and experience in all aspects of the restoration industry and is passionate about training and helping others transform their business to obtain their goals.