The How To Handle Crucial Conversations Training Course teaches skills for communicating when the stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong. Attendees learn through instruction, reflection, practice and group interaction as they make improvements in the art of dialogue in dealing with customers, the public and fellow co-workers.
These skills turn into behaviours that improve decision-making, commitment to action, productivity, and relationships. As these behaviours become consistent, they empower organizations, teams, and individuals to develop high-performance cultures based on trust and respect.
During this intensive training program, we help students create a customized set of action items for the role they are responsible for, along with giving them the template to create a proven path for success in their speciality contracting business.
In this Training Course participants will learn:
- How to talk frankly about high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics and foster alignment and agreement at all levels of their organization
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively
- Resolve conflict
- Foster teamwork and better decision-making
- Build acceptance rather than resistance
- Resolve individual and group disagreements
- Improved individual and team productivity and quality of work
- Reduced passive-aggressive behaviours with increased trust among teams
- Increased likelihood of resolving problems with colleagues, including observed violations, by speaking up
- Greater project efficiency through accelerated, collaborative decision-making
- More unity and commitment when executing decisions
- Develop ways to reach alignment when the stakes are high and opinions vary
This course and activities will take fourteen (14) hours to complete. It will compose of on-line lessons and live training to make the principals learned practical and effective for contractor staff in the Disaster Restoration industry.
The course includes ten (10) online on-demand e-learning lessons modules plus assessments. It is self-paced (i.e. 2 hours a week over seven weeks).
Course participants will receive an online toolkit with a model card, ebook, online workbook, and will receive a Completion Certificate after completing the program.
Included with Crucial Conversations Online Training:
- Full access so you can learn at your own pace but have a time line to complete the online portion
- Access to tools and resources to help you apply your newly learned skills
- A digital toolkit and model card, an MP3 download of additional stories and tips, and a digital version of our New York Times bestseller
Note: Retail per attendee $2,950 which also includes all of the above
- Price shown is for the training of one student
- Prices may vary if this course is bundled with other training courses purchased at the same time
- Prices may vary if multiple people from the same company purchase this training at the same time
- Fee includes: course material and handouts
- All prices will have applicable taxes applied
About your Instructors:
You will have on-demand access to the 10 lessons for 60 days along with live (in-person or via Zoom) with an experienced Diaster Restoration industry trainer.
This course is designed with cutting-edge instructional methods and with a best-in-class learning platform to deliver an interactive training experience that creates real change.
Dan Murray CR, CVB has helped hundreds of business owners throughout the USA and Canada develop a business that gets better results, faster, and easier.
Dan has been a Certified Restorer since 1993 and has earned his Certificate of Environmental Management and Certified Value Builder designations.
For over 20 years he ran full service Disaster Restoration and Environmental Remediation businesses and did Large CAT losses across Canada and the US.
He then spent 10 years as a franchisor in this industry where he developed his passion for training and helping business owners and their teams.
Since 2009 Dan has trained contractors and their teams to re-think, re-focus, and re-energize to achieve extraordinary outcomes and deliver exceptional customer experiences!
Art Johnson CR, WLS, CLS, started in the Restoration industry in1988. He went from a 2-person company doing carpet and upholstery cleaning to assisting in the growth of one of western Canada’s largest, independently owned, full service restoration companys. Basically he went from a one-man tech to Senior Operations Manager and Trainer.
Art is a Certified Restorer (CR), a Water Loss Specialist (WLS), a Contents Loss Specialist (CLS), an IICRC Master Restorer and Cleaner, and a Certified Value Builder. Art has proudly served on, and for a time, chaired the Water Loss Institute, co-chaired the Restoration Council, along with serving as the Environmental Chair for the RIA.
He is the proud recipient of the RIA 2011 Industry recognized, Martin L. King award for outstanding service to the industry.
Art has extensive training and experience in all aspects of the restoration industry and is passionate about training and helping others transform their business to obtain their goals.